We have two beautiful pools, one is very large, Olympic style and heated and the other is a kids wading pool for the tots. The main pool has two diving boards and one slide. The pool is also equipped with starting blocks. We offer chairs to relax beside the pool as well as a grassy area to sit or play in. We offer lessons in swimming, snorkeling, and diving as well as a swim team and Aqua fit.
- Swimming, lifesaving, diving and scuba lessons by qualified instructors.
- Small classes have good discipline and yield excellent results.
- Aqua fit classes — qualified instructors
- Competitive swim team, with experienced coaches — many of our juniors ranging from 6-17 years participate in this popular activity and several continue throughout the winter in Canadian Amateur Swimming Association competition.
- Periods of pool time set aside for adult practice and exercise swimming.
Click HERE for more information about bringing your class to the Sarnia Riding Club
Once again our club will be offering the Sarnia Riding Club Sting Ray swim team. This runs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Senior swim team runs from 8:00 – 9:00 am and junior swim team runs from 9:00 – 9:45 am. We are happy to have Dan Costain returning as the Head Coach with Wendy Margetts as our Assistant Coach. We will be sending in our clothing and bathing suit order form in during the second week to ensure everyone receives their items in time to wear them to meets. To all new members we would love new additions to our team. The first week will be a FREE test run for those who are uncertain if they would like to join. Hope to see you all out Monday July 2nd.
The Sarnia Riding Club offers the best swimming lessons in town! Sign up for Red Cross swim lessons 1 through 10, or our Lifesaving Society Bronze courses. Our instructors are looking forward to meeting new swimmers as well as returning ones. Our lessons run from 9:45-12:00. Our Bronze Med/ Cross classes run for 4 weeks and our Bronze Star runs for 3 weeks. Monday and Wednesday are 12:00-2:00 class room work; Tuesday and Thursday are 12:00-1:00 in pool situations. Come on to the office and fill out a form or go online to www.sarniaridingclub.com and sign up there.
We have started a 2 year plan to enhance our pool facility. This year we have replaced two our skimmer baskets in the main pool. We have also painted the wading pool, main pool lip, diving board, and bathroom doors. Next year more extensive work will be done to the top three feet of the main pool to prevent further deterioration of the tiles and cement. This will also allow examination of the pool underground plumbing to ensure its integrity.
- May 15- Opening Weekend
- July 14- Gala Day
- July 18- 1st Campout
- July 28- Wyoming Swim Meet
- August 4- SRC Swim Meet
- August 11- Petrolia Swim Meet (Tentative)
- August 19- SRC Club Champs
- August 22- 2nd Campout
- August 25- City Championship Swim Meet (Tentative)
- August 30- Athletes’ Dinner/Dance